Universal’s Islands of Adventure opened right next to Universal Studios Florida in May 1999. The theme park is divided into seven areas and was voted the most popular park in the world by TripAdvisor® in 2015 and 2016.
Day and multi-day tickets are available for the theme park. In addition, there are various combination options to visit the Islands of Adventures as well as Universal’s Volcano Bay and / or Universal Studios Florida in one day or three days within a week, as well as “Vacation packages” with special services. The day ticket for Universal’s Islands of Adventure is currently $ 124.00 for adults and $ 119 for children.
- Allcitycodes: Lists of all area codes of Georgia. Also includes state overview and counties by area code in Georgia.
Off to the adventure – Port of Entry
The journey begins at the Port of Entry, a promenade with shopping and dining options that is modeled on an Arab-Oriental market and extends to the lake in the center of the park. All islands can be visited one after the other from the Port of Entry.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – in the footsteps of the famous student of magic
Anyone who has always wanted to explore Hogwarts and Hogsmeade has come to the right place. The main attraction is ” Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey “, The detailed replica of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Here you go on a magical bench past large-format projection surfaces and real backdrops through Hogwarts. At the exit, among other things, replicas of props from the films can be purchased in “Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods”. Other rides are the two roller coasters in the “Dragon Challenge” and the steel roller coaster “Flight of the Hippogriff”. In addition to the rides, visitors can expect a replica of Hogsmeade with the well-known shops in the themed area. There is an owl post where letters can be posted, as well as the “Three Brooms” and “Boar Head” where Harry Potter fans can order traditional British food, butterbeer, pumpkin juice and much more. And if that’s not enough.
Marvel Super Hero Island – off into the universe of Spiderman and Co.
The next island is dedicated to the comics published by Marvel. Main attraction on the Marvel Super Hero Island is the 3D simulation drive “The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman”, which leads the visitor through the streets of New York by night. But the “Hulk Coaster” with the highest cobra roll in the world and the almost 60 meter high free-fall tower “Doctor Doom’s Fear Fall” also promise thrills. Storm Force Accelatron® is also very fast.
Jurassic Park – experience primeval times up close
As the name suggests, the next island is all about dinosaurs. The highlight of the island designed with jungle plants is the waterway ” Jurassic Park River Adventure ™ “, In which after an eye-to-eye contact with a huge T-Rex it suddenly descends around 25 meters. The suspension railway with freely swinging seats “Pterandon Flyers” and the playground “Camp Jurassic” are more for the younger guests.
The Lost Continent – breathtaking shows
On the other hand, it goes mystically to ” The Lost Continent “To. The shows “Poseidon’s Fury” and “The Eight Voyages of Sindbad” take place here. And with the “Mythos” restaurant, a restaurant that has won several awards as the best theme park restaurant in the world, the culinary delights are not neglected either.
Seuss Landing – in the footsteps of Dr Seuss
Seuss Landing was based on the characters of the children’s book author Dr. Seuss designs and impresses with its colorful design. Guests big and small can look forward to a simulation trip through the book ” The Cat in the Hat “, An elevated railway, a ride with flying fish, but also a normal carousel are delightful.
Skull Island – Where King Kong comes to life
Skull Island is the theme park’s newest island and opened in 2016. There is with ” Reign of Kong ™ “Just one ride that takes visitors on a jungle expedition in a 3D dark ride, which of course includes the mighty Kong himself.
Toon Lagoon – a paradise for children
The “Toon Lagoon” is tailored to the little guests and comes up with child-friendly themes and cartoons. Here visitors meet Popeye and Olivia, for example, can pass the time in the children’s play area “Me Ship, The Olive” or on the “Dudley-Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls” with its over 20 meter deep fall or the rafting adventure “ Rapid River Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge-Rat-Barges “whiz through the cool water.
Shows and entertainment
Various shows can be attended at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
- Poseidon’s Fury: Action-packed show with fireballs, laser flashes, water games and many other special effects.
- Oh! The stories you’ll hear!: Daily show on Seuss Landing with the famous Dr. Seuss figures.
- Frog choir: A small choir with large croaking frogs performing well-known magic songs.
- The Eight Voyages of Sindbad: Breathtaking stunt show with the mighty Sindbad and his companion Kabob.
- Triwizard Spirit rally: Presentation based on the presentation of the individual magic schools in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”.
Restaurants and hotels
Various fast food restaurants await the visitor across the islands. Other highlights are the Mythos restaurant with its modern, multi-award-winning cuisine, which serves a mixture of Mediterranean, Asian and American dishes, as well as the locations known from Harry Potter “Eberkopf” and “Drei Besen”. Several hotels belong to the park.
- Universal Dining Plan: A package that includes a meal, drink, snack, and non-alcoholic beverage depending on the plan. From $ 22.99 per person.
- My Universal Photos ™ Package: A package with photos taken in the park, for example. B. at the “Meet and Greet” or in the rides can be digitally downloaded unlimited. There is a day and a three-day pass. From $ 69.99 per family.
- Universal Express Unlimited ™ Pass: A pass that allows you to skip the lines at rides and attractions. The Unlimited Express Pass starts at $ 54.99. One size smaller is the Universal Express ™ Pass for $ 49.99 per day, which can be used to bypass the queue once per ride or attraction.
- VIP Experience: The VIP package offers the visitor a guided tour behind the scenes, direct access to the rides and attractions as well as reserved seats during the shows. The VIP Experience can be booked from $ 189.
Address and opening times
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- 6000 Universal Studios
- 32819 Orlando
- Opening times: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.