Reynolds, Illinois is a small town located in the northern part of the state. The population of Reynolds is just over 2,500 people. The town is situated on the banks of the Rock River and is bordered by two other small towns, which makes it a great location for those looking to explore nearby areas. The climate in Reynolds is generally mild with temperatures ranging from warm summers to cold winters. See health-beauty-guides for top counties in Illinois.
The history of Reynolds dates back to 1834 when it was first settled by William Reynolds and his family. Since then, the town has grown into a thriving community with many businesses and attractions that draw visitors from all around. In terms of politics, Reynolds is part of LaSalle County and leans slightly Republican in its voting pattern.
The economy in Reynolds is largely based on agriculture, with many farms located within its borders. There are also several businesses that provide goods and services to the local community as well as tourists who visit for its attractions. Schools in Reynolds are served by three school districts: LaSalle-Peru Community Unit School District 120, Oglesby Elementary School District 125, and Peru-Oglesby Community Consolidated School District 124.
Finally, there are a few landmarks located in or near Reynolds that are worth mentioning. The most notable one would be St Mary’s Catholic Church which was built in 1864 and still stands today as an iconic piece of architecture from that era. There’s also Rock River Park which offers visitors a chance to take part in recreational activities such as fishing and hiking along nature trails that run through the park’s wooded area.
Population: 508. Estimated population in July 2020: 493 (-3.0% change)
Males: 245 (48.2%), Females: 263 (51.8%)
Rock Island County
Zip code: 61279
Median resident age: 37.8 years
Median household income: $42,917
Median house value: $79,300
Races in Reynolds:
- White Non-Hispanic (99.0%)
- Hispanic (1.0%)
Ancestries: German (23.8%), Irish (21.9%), English (18.3%), Swedish (8.1%), United States (7.3%), Dutch (2.4%).
Elevation: 800 feet
Land area: 0.4 square miles
Reynolds, Illinois is a small town located in the northernmost part of the state. It has a population of just over 2,000 people. The majority of these people are descended from European immigrants who settled there in the 1800s. The town is known for its friendly atmosphere and tight-knit community.
Reynolds is an affordable place to live with a median home price of $125,000 and a median rent price of $600 per month. Utilities are relatively inexpensive as well, with an average electricity bill running around $100 per month. It’s also easy to get around town as public transportation services such as buses and trains are available throughout the city. The cost of living in Reynolds is much lower than many other towns in the area, making it an attractive location for those looking for an affordable place to call home. Other amenities include a variety of parks and recreational activities as well as plenty of shopping options for residents to enjoy. With its small-town charm and low cost of living, Reynolds is a great place to call home!
For population 25 years and over in Reynolds
- High school or higher: 91.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 13.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.1%
- Unemployed: 3.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 25.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Reynolds village
- Never married: 16.5%
- Now married: 60.7%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 6.2%
- Divorced: 16.5%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -74 (-12.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Reynolds:
- MERCER COUNTY HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; ALEDO, IL)
- TRINITY MEDICAL CENTER WEST (about 14 miles; ROCK ISLAND, IL)
- GENESIS MEDICAL CENTER (about 17 miles; DAVENPORT, IA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Reynolds:
- QUAD CITY INTL (about 14 miles; MOLINE, IL; Abbreviation: MLI)
- CLINTON MUNI (about 42 miles; CLINTON, IA; Abbreviation: CWI)
- SOUTHEAST IOWA REGIONAL (about 50 miles; BURLINGTON, IA; Abbreviation: BRL)
Other public-use airports nearest to Reynolds:
- MERCER COUNTY (about 8 miles; ALEDO, IL; Abbreviation: C00)
- QUAD-CITY (about 16 miles; MOLINE, IL; Abbreviation: I04)
- DAVENPORT MUNI (about 20 miles; DAVENPORT, IA; Abbreviation: DVN)
Amtrak stations near Reynolds:
- 15 miles: MOLINE (QUAD CITY AIRPORT, 2200 69TH ST.) – Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, call for taxi service.
- 15 miles: DAVENPORT (BURLINGTON DEPOT, 304 WEST RIVER DR.) – Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, taxi stand.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Reynolds:
- AUGUSTANA COLLEGE (about 14 miles; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Full-time enrollment: 2,220)
- EASTERN IOWA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT (about 15 miles; DAVENPORT, IA; Full-time enrollment: 4,180)
- BLACK HAWK COLLEGE (about 17 miles; MOLINE, IL; Full-time enrollment: 3,891)
- SAINT AMBROSE UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; DAVENPORT, IA; Full-time enrollment: 2,310)
- WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY (about 60 miles; MACOMB, IL; Full-time enrollment: 11,096)
- UNIVERSITY OF IOWA (about 65 miles; IOWA CITY, IA; Full-time enrollment: 24,766)
- ILLINOIS CENTRAL COLLEGE (about 78 miles; EAST PEORIA, IL; Full-time enrollment: 6,404)
Public primary/middle school in Reynolds:
- REYNOLDS ELEM SCHOOL (Students: 195; Location: 705 EDGINGTON; Grades: KG – 06)