At the most powerful southern wall of the Kremlin, which is called Pershi, in the 13th century, the Dovmontov city was built. Prince Dovmont-Timofei ruled in Pskov from 1266 to 1299. Under him, in 1266, the construction of the second fortified city center began. The administrative and religious center of Pskov was located inside the walls of the fortification., in total, about 19 churches were built here. Many churches of that time were destroyed, their frescoes of the 14th century, which turned out to be under a layer of earth, were excavated and restored, now they are exhibited in the Hermitage. From the buildings of the Dovmontov city, the building of the Order Chambers (1695) has survived to this day. They served as the location of administrative offices. Today in the Prikazny chambers there is an exposition and exhibition center of the Pskov State United Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve. Here you can see the works of artists, restorers and artistic copies of items from museum collections. In 1972, a memorial sign was erected in one of the walls near the Dovmontov city in honor of the Battle on the Ice – an ensign. It is a shield in the form of a military banner, which depicts a coat of arms and a plan Pskov, under the ensign there are plates with the coats of arms of the cities that took part in the battle: Novgorod, Vladimir, Tver and Pereslavl-Zalessky.
According to Themakeupexplorer.com, Pskov is famous for its religious buildings; in total, about 50 churches were built on the territory of the former Pskov fortress.
Opposite the Kremlin, on the left bank of the Velikaya River in Zavelichye, stands one of the most ancient monasteries in the city – the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Mirozhsky Monastery. It was founded in pre-Mongol times in the middle of the 12th century. Mirozhsky Monastery became one of the first chronicle centers of Pskov, and since the 16th century – the richest monastery in the city. The main shrine of the monastery, and of the entire Orthodox world, is the Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Savior. Its walls are completely covered with frescoes by Byzantine masters of the mid-12th century. The Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Savior was the first in the city where fresco paintings appeared. Today, the Cathedral houses a branch of the Pskov State United Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve. The monastery complex also includes Stefan’s Church (17th century), the bell tower (19th century), the fraternal building (17-19th centuries), fraternal cells (18-19th centuries) and the rector’s building (18-19th centuries).
On the same bank of the Velikaya River, not far from the confluence of the Pskov River, there is the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist.. Previously, it was part of the complex of the Ivanovsky Convent, which has not survived to this day. The monastery was founded in 1240 by the aunt of Prince Dovmont. After her ashes were buried at the monastery, this place became the burial place of the Pskov princesses. Much later, in the 19th century, the governors of the city were also buried here.
In addition, in Zavelichye there is the Church of Clement of the Pope of Rome (15th century), the Church of St. Nicholas of Kamennogradsky (15th century), the Church of the Assumption from Paromenia (16th century), the Anastasievskaya Chapel (20th century) and the Olginskaya Chapel (20th century).
In the central part of Pskov the main attractions of the city are concentrated in the Kremlin area. The Church of Michael the Archangel stands on Leninskaya Square. It was built in 1339 at the intersection of the main roads of the city near the Pskov Market. Nearby are the church of St. Nicholas from Usokhi (16th century), where in the Middle Ages veche records, valuable property and ammunition were kept, the only surviving architectural monument of the 15th century is the church of Vasily on Gorka, near which there was a flashing bell that alerted the city of danger, and one of The most beautiful churches in the city are the Church of Anastasia the Roman (1539). In the southern part of the city, it is worth seeing the New Ascension Church (14th century), a complex of houses of famous Pskov merchants – the Menshikov Chambers (early 17th century) and the Pogankin Chambers (17th century), the Church of St. Nicholas from Torg (17th century) and the Church of the Intercession from Torg (17th century).
In the western part of Pskov, where the Round City was located in the past, the Hodegetria Church, the Church of the Premonition of Pentecost, the Church of the Assumption from Polonishche, the Church of George from Vzvoz, the Church of Joachim and Anna and the Church of the Intercession and Nativity of the Virgin from Prolom are interesting. The last church is known from the 14th century. The events of the siege of the city by the Polish king Stefan Batory in 1581 are closely connected with it. In memory of these times, a cross was erected on a boulder base near the church.